- Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” God is working in all of your circumstances and He has a plan for ultimate good. We need to love Him and trust Him.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understandings; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.” We need to trust God and acknowledge His sovereignty. It is not enough to love Him, we have to know His nature and trust that He is working through all circumstances for our good. He knows what we need.
- Thessalonians 5:18 “…in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” In everything, good and bad, we need to give thanks. Having a thankful heart changes our outlook and helps us gain a more heavenly and long-term perspective. This trial is for but a moment.
- Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” In the midst of the trial remember that God is right there with you. We often think God is not paying attention but He is. He is there waiting for us to call upon Him for strength and guidance.
- Psalm 23:6 “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” It never hurts to develop a long-term perspective. We need to remember that this life is but a vapor, and we will be with the Lord for eternity. He is refining us and conforming us into the image of His Son.
- Philippians 4:19 “And my God shall supply all of your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” God knows what is good for us and will supply all that we need…not necessarily all we want, but all that we need.
- Psalm 30:5 “For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.” There will be joy on the other side of this trial.